The Pleasant Hill Swim Club Board of Directors is seeking a new Club Manager for the 2017 season. Club Manager job description and general duties are outlined below. Interested applicants should apply by completing the application for employment and by sending it, along with their resume, to firstname.lastname@example.org, or via USPS mail to:
Attention: PHSC Secretary
7425 Bunker Ct.
Dayton, Ohio 45459
PHSC Pool Manager – Job Description
The Pool Manager will be responsible for the operations of the Pleasant Hill Swim Club facility for the swim year. The Pool Manager will handle those day-to-day management tasks associated with the pool to include maintenance, staff scheduling, organization of swim lesson program, staff oversight, event coordination, and direct member/guest relations. Pool Manager plays a key role in maintaining a positive club culture.
Specific Duties to Include:
- Start up of the facility at the beginning of the pool season.
- Hire and train staff required to meet pool operations during defined pool schedule. Mentor and coach staff to meet pool needs.
- Create work schedule for all pool club employees. Communicate work schedule. Submit time cards for staff to payroll for processing on a timely basis.
- Coordinate all aspects of management of facility staff, including assistant managers, lifeguards, concession workers, and other workers as needed. Coordinate facility staff scheduling, discipline and training.
- Maintenance and management of the pool area, concession stand, and grounds.
- Management of inventory to include: inventory purchases for snack shack and cleaning supplies, inventory counts, snack shack sales, including soft drinks and slushy orders.
- Maintain, repair or oversee the maintenance and or repair of pool operations, including water chemical testing/analysis. Purchase service repair or equipment within the budgetary constraints as determined by the Board of Directors.
- Pass local inspection to allow pool to open. Maintain health and safety standards, as mandated by applicable Local, State and Federal regulatory agencies.
- Notify a member of the PHSC Board of Directors of any issues that may affect the normal day to day operation of the facility, including safety concerns.
- Manage collection of guest fees, concession monies, and other revenue.
- Coordinate the closing of the facility. This shall include, but not limited to:
- Deck and other furniture to storage.
- Final cleaning of decks.
- Shutting down and cleaning of concession.
- Coordinating winterization of club and pool.
Duties may be modified at the discretion of the PHSC Board of Directors.
- The Pool Manager will meet specific criteria and guidelines to ensure the safe and proper operation of the facility.
- All Pool Managers are required to possess a current American Red Cross CPR/First Aid certification. Lifeguard certification preferred.
- Certified pool operator (preferred)
- Positive attitude and energetic personality
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Previous Managerial Experience preferred
- Aquatic instruction or related field